Sam M. Walton College of Business, B.S. in Business Administration: Marketing
Little Rock, Arkansas
Parents: David and Elaine Miller
Mentor: Dr. Robert Stapp
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Order of Omega Outstanding Junior
- Chancellor’s List
- Honors College Ambassador
- Walton Honors Student Executive Board Picture Chair and Instagram Coordinator
- Vice President & Philanthropy Chairman, Delta Delta Delta
- Wells Fargo Financial Analyst Intern
- Supplemental Instruction Leader in Basic and Microeconomics
- Outstanding Delegate in the Food and Agriculture Committee at Model United Nations 2015
- Honors College Fellow
- 3rd Runner Up in the Tri Delta National Sarah Ida Shaw Award recognizing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service
- Sam M. Walton College of Business Outstanding Marketing Senior 2015
Since Monica was very young, the University of Arkansas has been close to her heart. She is proud that her work as an Honors College ambassador and fellowship mentor has allowed her to advocate for the University, which has given so much to her.
She also gives back by serving on the Walton College Honors Student Executive Board. Plus, her time as an athletic program tutor and supplemental instruction leader allowed her to impact students’ confidence and success in different subjects and general study habits.
As philanthropy chairman of Tri Delta Sorority, she raised $168,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee. She did this through a golf tournament, baseball tournament, letter writing campaign and t-shirt sales, resulting in her chapter winning awards such as the top fundraising chapter in the nation.
This semester she had the privilege of representing the U of A at the National Model United Nations conference in Rome, Italy. In addition, she was awarded the honor of outstanding delegate for the Food and Agriculture Organization. Her efforts also helped her delegation receive outstanding delegation recognition for the entire conference.
After graduation, Monica will move to Little Rock to begin her career as a financial analyst with Wells Fargo. Eventually, she hopes to work as a chief financial officer for a nonprofit organization.