Dr. Danielle Wood, a life member of the Arkansas Alumni Association, serves as the director & EEO officer for the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance at the University of Arkansas. As director, she has oversight of the office and is responsible for employment compliance for faculty/staff recruitment and selection as well as reporting to agencies such as the Department of Labor and Department of Education. On a part-time basis, she holds the rank of Major in the Arkansas Air National Guard where she serves as the Assistant Equal Opportunity Director at the 188th Fighter Wing in Fort Smith, AR. She has over 14 years of experience in affirmative action, equal employment opportunity (EEO) and human resources.
Wood received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics in 1998 and Master’s of Education with an emphasis in vocational education and human resource development from the University of Arkansas in 2002. In May 2009, she received a doctorate in workforce development education at the University of Arkansas.
She serves on several committees that promote diversity, inclusion and community cohesion in the Northwest Arkansas community; some include Education and Outreach co-chair for the NWA Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Council, chair of the NWA Juneteenth Celebration and treasurer of the NWA Branch of the NAACP. She also serves as the secretary for Board of Trustees at St. James Missionary Baptist Church.
Other committees and affiliations include the following:
- UA Chancellor Administrative Policy Council
- UA Human Resources Connections Advisory Committee (2010 – present)
- Northwest Arkansas Human Resources Association (NOARK) (2002 – present)
- Diversity Committee (2005 – present)
- American Association for Access, Equity and Diversity (2003 – present)
- State (Arkansas) Coordinator
- 188th Fighter Wing Intergraded Delivery System – (2013 – present)
- Secretary (2013 – present)
- Arkansas National Guard EO/EEO Diversity Council (2013 – present)